Monday 4 October 2010

London fashion Weekend

It's that time of the year which every fashionista braces themselves for. It's almost a military operation and unfortunately i became a pawn in this fashion chessgame! Recently i've had a chest infection and therefore have become somewhat of a hermit locked in my room, my ipod, cough medicine and kleenex tissues (jumbo box) have been my only source of communication with the outside world. Unfortunately on london fashion weekend this was the same case...but like every budding fashionista do you think that i was going to allow that to stop me from attending.... i think not! I was armed and ready with a toilet roll in my bag! My trusty sidekicks and fellow non- blondes accompanied me. The transition between summer and autumn is a tricky one for me as with british weather you simply never know what to wear but i'm so looking forwards to stocking up on my chunky knits, colour palette tights oooh i just need to hustle for some dirrty cash BROKE has now become my name. The trends that dominated the catwalk were 'into the wilds' channeling the love affair with animal prints , faux fur, the 'lady of the manor' english heritage as we go back to all things british mixing tweed,and leather.
Its funny that my secondary school blazer was tweed. In the rain it used to make me want to heave with the smell. I'd stuff that bad boy in my locker at any given oppourunity and would hate to be caught on my journeys home but now i love it- cant get enough customised my old blazer with elbow pads and its always the things we loathe when we are children that we are obsessed with in the future .....

enough of the rambling back to fashion week...

My outfit i think was daring. My mantra for the day was 'dare to be different' and indeed i was. In broad daylight the oldies must have thought i was on the job with my suspender tights and the stares were harsh to say the least. Their facial expressions said 'poor child..', 'hussy' and 'if she was my child she wouldn't dare to leave the house in that get-up'. The irony of it all was my mum encouraged the outfit! i had to keep whipping open my yellow coat and declare 'i'm wearing shorts' and some were still not satisfied all i can say is fshion has no boundaries. I was scouted by fashion magazine FASHIONBABYLON.COM and by a fellow blogger eve (eveloves.tumblr.com- and can i just say her blog rocks!) and by JOY clothing forb street style. This lifted my spirits or it could have been the cough medicine that i had mixed with two complimentary glasses of wine!!!













The street style ...insane !!! (sorry for the delay to those people i have taken pics of they will be up in due corse) and my friend lucy was there promoting her line neverfullydressed the clothing
breath taking, edgy.

dinner and laughter and stares as i towered over people in my wedges completed my night.
i learnt something new when it comes to fashion ... expect nothing than extraordinary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment