Thursday 7 October 2010

My room reminds me of a public library ....

After weeks, days, months of persistent nagging by mis padres, it was time that i tackled the bomb site which can only be referring to my bedroom. I'm messy but clutter is my thing! its not an excuse to being lazy like every family member yells at me,especially my gran in her strong st.lucian accent. So the detox process began. My ipod on shuffle, my look for the day pj shorts and rolling stones tee,my hair in a heap wrapped in a headscarf An hour in and still i could only see a sea of hardback and paperback books, heaps of material, i do not wish to move from this solitude, i feel content in my skin dancing around, trying to sing in tune (that still remains a dream). And then it hit me. My love for books and clothes means that there is not enough room in my abode to hoard this stuff. I have a strong feeling that i'm slightly kleptomatic....

There are piles and piles of novels and poetry that i've read, read again and some which i have never touched. I simply tell myself that i'll save that novel for another day. The only solution is to take a trip to the one and only ikea and buy some bookshelves. It is novels were i find peace and tranquility (this is becoming more like an advertisement for a spa) but i dont know why im so hooked on them. Books a my comfort blanke alongside clothes. I become lost in worlds and shut myself out of my own... now if that makes me different then i'm alright with that. The sense of peace i feel when sitting in my messy room, book in one hand, ipod on shuffle in the background as Sir Edward Dyer said 'my mind [is] content with anything'. As for my public library of a room and a jungle of clothes...i'll tackle that at later stage ....when i pay a trip to ikea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment