Sunday 25 April 2010

Obsessive Consumption






Since 5 th February 2006, Kate Bingaman-Burt started drawing one item each day that she purchased, simply documenting her consumptions ranging from hot-dogs to aviator glasses.  Her book Obsessive Consumption: What did you buy today? showcases over three-years worth of sketches and sharing her personal relationship with shopping and her personal opinion on mass produced products and her statement on American consumerism. I'm in love with the quriky illustration. It's simple and has a sense of humour but her personal twist makes it more authentic. I particularly like the ink drawings and sketches (reminds me slightly of my doodles in a 3hr lecture on Victorian culture and society)and has given me an idea to put a little collage together of my own ...but to be honest my obsessive consumptions would consist of clothes more clothes, books, food, railway tickets, nail varnish and rich tea biscuits!! Apologies for the long wait but my degree calls and it's imperative that i graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment