Monday 5 July 2010

FASHION FAIR ...




Get your overnight bags ready because this is on date to pencil in your diaries!!! Vintage at Goodwood is coming to town so get ready for a weekend packed with art, music and fashion all under one roof, located in Sussex. The bands performing are sectioned into different decades -plus grab your skates as there is a roller disco i'm so excited! ( though i am painfully aware that keeping my balance never quite goes to plan. I'm just really clumsy ...i mean ...come on now ...who falls UP the stairs?!)
Plus sussex is where sisters Lily Allen and Sarah Owen have their vintage store Lucy in disguise.  Plus Vintage at Goodwood offers GLAMPING ( translation posh camping sleeping on egyptian cotton !!!!) and vintage caravans . For me Goodwood will be an opportunity to invest more in vintage clothing. Don't get me wrong i love the british high street i mean topshop is literally my home away from home, but when i go out, i scrunch my face if i see someone in an outfit that i have as if to say i'm the only person that shops there. Sad but true. I have vintage pieces but my supplies are limited. However having a discussion with my good ol' friend tracey one thing remains the same; the beauty of vintage is that you rarely find someone mimicing your style. I love a good quote and in the words of miss nash (thanks my love big thumbs up hence why im stealing it) "Vintage is daring, controversial and makes the old look fresh. Not necessarily saying you need to dress in head to toe in Vintage but to showcase a gradual transition " couldn't of put it better myself !!


No comments:

Post a Comment