Wednesday 7 July 2010

time waits for no man ...in dalston kingsland!





My day started at 8am as my blackberry blasted an uncanny sound ...it was indeed my alarm. That uncontrolable ringing sound reminds me that it time to start work in the real world.. i wash,brush my teeth, put on my traditional black and white uniform and leave my house. I board the train at 9:15 and arrive at sloane square at approximately 10:08. Sure, i'm 8 minutes late but blame tfl!!! grr all that money invested,the daylight robbery with overpriced tickets but it can't be helped. As i walked through the double glazed doors into my department my team leader approaches me cautiously with a worried smile and utters" Monique, do you WANT to be here?" in the back of my mind i'm thinking you have to be kidding me of course not but another day another dollar "because we are overstaffed so you can go home" the next couple of seconds were a blur as i tried to register the wasted journey that had just taken place !!!! that meant i had to make a trek back home.
                                   
                                             ***** 
Things happen for a reason. i needed to sort so many things out its unreal. Today was a day all about me (what day isn't-i joke!). Returned outfits that i didn't need. Purchased birthday card to send to my grandad in the caribbean,what i'd give to be there now  as the British weather has taken the sun as hostage ,but hey we needed a break, us brits are not used to all this sun ,we were getting a little greedy! I bought a book too ( my inner geek) as not being told what to read has made me want to read more. i know i can't explain this either and to finish my day i went to visit Lauren at her grandad's bakery in Dalston, Kingsland. People get down there the food is insane!!!! fried fish and rice and peas, hard dough bread, cut cake, bun and cheese, bbq chicken, cut cake, bula bread, ting, bigga, ping ( caribbean drinks) oh my mouth waters as i reel off the glourious food that encompassed around me ...i  was like a kid in a candy store -the rumble in my stomach made it evident!  TOM'S BAKERY get down there now!!! I stocked up on my dinner too. As i strolled down the market looking at the mass of people, market venders selling their craft, mothers,  screaming babies, teens, group of old men having their afternoon gathering. i strolled aimlessly by enjoying my day off ...i realised time waits for no man...especially in Dalston Kingsland.

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY. p.s. this is the longest post i've ever posted !!!

Mac: Zara
Floral Playsuit: Primark
Shoes: TOPSHOP
bag:LUELLA
bicycle necklace: Accesorize
retro glasses: Vintage Brick Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment